Fire destroys storage unit in Sequim
Joe Smillie/Peninsula Daily News
Firefighters cut open the storage unit's aluminum front door.
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Most Popular this week
4th UPDATE — Big backups at Edmonds-Kingston after Bainbridge ferry breakdown . . . and another ferry has mechanical issues, too
City suspends money to Port Angeles Downtown Association, threatens to end funding altogether (** With text of 'breach of funding' letter ** )
UPDATED — Teen in satisfactory condition in Seattle hospital after 30-foot fall on Crescent Bay island
Olympic National Park, Carlsborg company to move threatened Enchanted Valley Chalet by start of September (four photos)
Cause of the blaze was not immediately determined.
Clallam County Fire District 3 crews were called out about 5 p.m. after a report of smoke coming from the main block of storage units, according to Patrick Young, public information officer.
The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes.
Firefighters used saws to cut open the unit's aluminum front door while another crew cut ventilation holes in the roof.
Young said the fire did not spread to the neighboring units, though they were damaged by smoke and water from the firefighters' hoses.
Sequim Stow Place is owned by Larry and Marilyn McHugh. Their son, Mark, said the destroyed storage unit had just been rented on Tuesday.
Last modified: March 06. 2013 9:12PM