Fire destroys storage unit in Sequim
Joe Smillie/Peninsula Daily News
Firefighters cut open the storage unit's aluminum front door.
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Most Popular this week
ELECTRONIC WARFARE TRAINING — Department of Natural Resources says 'not interested' in participating with Navy
UPDATE: Port Ludlow man released from Seattle hospital after wreck on Highway 104 south of Port Townsend
ELECTRONIC WARFARE TRAINING — Questions raised about Sequim City Council at closed-door Navy-Jamestown S'Klallam meeting
HEALTH CARE — Free clinics in Port Angeles, Sequim, Port Townsend help local residents with care and advice
Cause of the blaze was not immediately determined.
Clallam County Fire District 3 crews were called out about 5 p.m. after a report of smoke coming from the main block of storage units, according to Patrick Young, public information officer.
The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes.
Firefighters used saws to cut open the unit's aluminum front door while another crew cut ventilation holes in the roof.
Young said the fire did not spread to the neighboring units, though they were damaged by smoke and water from the firefighters' hoses.
Sequim Stow Place is owned by Larry and Marilyn McHugh. Their son, Mark, said the destroyed storage unit had just been rented on Tuesday.
Last modified: March 06. 2013 9:12PM