Wind-power battery reignites at Port Angeles’ Landing mall
Click here to zoom...
Firefighters tape off an area around the battery room where a small fire broke out this morning at The Landing mall in Port Angeles. -- Photo by Arwyn Rice/Peninsula Daily News

Peninsula Daily News

PORT ANGELES — A bank of batteries that burned Wednesday at The Landing mall in Port Angeles caught fire again this morning, but no additional damage was done.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire, which involved a single industrial-sized battery, with a hand-held dry chemical extinguisher, said Fire Capt. Terry Reid.

The system was already isolated from the building and didn’t set off fire alarms in the rest of the commercial structure, Reid said.

The initial fire at the battery room on the northeast corner of the mall — linked to a wind-power system — burned for several hours Wednesday and resulted in the mall’s temporary closure and evacuation of the City Pier due to smoke being blown across the pier.

Last modified: July 08. 2013 1:42PM
Reader Comments
Local Business
Friends to Follow

To register a complaint about a comment, email moderator@peninsuladailynews.com and refer to the article and offending comment, or click here: REPORT ABUSE.

Peninsuladailynews.com comments are subject to the Peninsuladailynews.com User Policy.

From the PDN:




All materials Copyright © 2014 Black Press Ltd./Sound Publishing Inc. • Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyAssociated Press Copyright NoticeContact Us