Man pleads not guilty to domestic violence [CORRECTED]
By Jeremy Schwartz
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Most Popular this week
PORT ANGELES — A 27-year-old Port Angeles man recently extradited from California has pleaded not guilty to multiple domestic-violence charges and was denied a request to lower his bail by a Clallam County Superior Court judge.
Andrew Nilsson was charged in November with one count of harassment/threats to kill and one count each of second-degree assault/strangulation, unlawful imprisonment, fourth-degree assault and harassment/threats to kill, all of which are domestic-violence-related.
Nilsson appeared in Clallam County Superior Court on Friday morning and entered pleas of not guilty for the five charges, which stemmed from alleged assaults on a single person over the course of five days last September.
Nilsson also allegedly threatened friends of the alleged assault victim.
Nilsson, through his assigned Clallam County public defense attorney, Loren Oakley, denied all the charges and requested his current $100,000 bail be lowered to $10,000.
While requesting the bail be lowered, Oakley said his client, a resident of Clallam County for the past two years, is employed at The Landing mall doing maintenance and had planned to live with his mother in Sequim if released.
Nilsson has not been employed at The Landing mall since last September, a Landing spokesperson told the Peninsula Daily News on Monday, Feb. 4.
Clallam County Superior Court Judge George Wood denied the request and set a status hearing for Nilsson for 9 a.m. Friday.
Nilsson — wanted by Port Angeles police starting Oct. 3 and eventually arrested in Los Angeles County in November on unrelated charges — was extradited back to Port Angeles from California last week.
Reporter Jeremy Schwartz can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 5074, or at email@example.com.
Last modified: February 05. 2013 11:05AM