Fire destroys storage unit in Sequim
Joe Smillie/Peninsula Daily News
Firefighters cut open the storage unit's aluminum front door.
Peninsula Daily News
Print This | Email This
Look for Santa's Toy and Food Fire Brigade tonight through Friday night in Sequim neighborhoods -- 12/9/13 -11:20 PM
Today's PDN Page 1 . . . and read faster, absorb more -- 12/9/13 -07:04 PM
PENINSULA HOME FUND — A 'hand-up' as a former social worker remakes his life -- 12/9/13 -07:01 PM
Breakfast special (with a free Peninsula Daily News) continues at 'The Bear' in Sequim -- 12/3/13 -06:20 PM
Cause of the blaze was not immediately determined.
Clallam County Fire District 3 crews were called out about 5 p.m. after a report of smoke coming from the main block of storage units, according to Patrick Young, public information officer.
The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes.
Firefighters used saws to cut open the unit's aluminum front door while another crew cut ventilation holes in the roof.
Young said the fire did not spread to the neighboring units, though they were damaged by smoke and water from the firefighters' hoses.
Sequim Stow Place is owned by Larry and Marilyn McHugh. Their son, Mark, said the destroyed storage unit had just been rented on Tuesday.
Last modified: March 06. 2013 9:12PM