Second suspect accused of Lincoln Park Grocery burglary

PORT ANGELES — A second suspect has been arrested in connection with a burglary at Lincoln Park Grocery near Port Angeles, the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office announced.

The juvenile turned himself in to the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday, Sgt. Brian Knutson said.

The boy, who was accompanied by his father, admitted his involvement with the June 28 burglary and provided deputies with cigarettes taken from the store during the early-morning incident, Knutson said.

ADVERTISEMENT
0 seconds of 0 secondsVolume 0%
Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcuts
00:00
00:00
00:00
 

Another suspect was booked into the Clallam County Juvenile and Family Services Facility last week.

The two boys, who were not named because of their age, allegedly broken into the store at 1500 W. Lauridsen Blvd. and stole hundreds of dollars worth of cigarettes and caused several hundred dollars worth of damage, Knutson said.

They are each being investigated for second-degree burglary, third-degree theft, third-degree malicious mischief and third-degree possession of stolen property, Knutson said.

The store owner provided video surveillance footage showing the burglary in progress, Knutson said.

The boys in the video were identified with help from the staff at the Clallam County Juvenile and Family Services Facility.

________

Reporter Rob Ollikainen can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 56450, or at rollikainen@peninsuladailynews.com.

More in Crime

Man charged after allegedly breaking into fire station

Investigated for residential burglary, malicious mischief

Man to be arraigned in attempted murder investigation

Clallam County Superior Court Judge Brent Basden has set… Continue reading

Agencies arrest man who barricaded himself in an RV

Law enforcement officers from multiple agencies arrested a man in… Continue reading

Suspect arraigned on scam charges

Reportedly involved in three additional schemes

Man in custody after gun fired at park

A Port Angeles man was booked into Clallam County… Continue reading

Second suspect arrested in elaborate scam

A second suspect has been arrested in connection with… Continue reading

Task force arrests man on investigation of drug, weapons offenses

A Port Angeles man has been arrested on investigation… Continue reading

The state Department of Fish and Wildlife seized 1,400 pounds of green sea urchins like these in January that were illegally harvested and offloaded in Port Angeles. A wholesale shellfish company located in the Interstate 5 corridor and the harvester are likely facing fines for a number of infractions, including failing to report the catch. (Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife)
Company probed for urchin harvest

WDFW: No record of 1,400-pound catch

Deputies: Sting results in arrest in complex scam

Sequim woman provides total of $125,000, Sheriff’s Office says

Port Angeles man arrested after vehicle pursuit

A vehicle pursuit through Clallam County and Port Angeles… Continue reading

Murder trial rescheduled for October

Both sides waiting for forensic testing results

Two investigated for possession of controlled substance

Two Sequim residents were arrested on investigation of possession… Continue reading